Thursday, October 25, 2007

Back to ER

I visited ER again last night, Kaisa was feeling really nauseated (since Monday) so I left there with her. She got some medicine but we were back home a bit after 3 am so I've been a bit tired today, though not as tired as I would've assumed that I'd be.
Luckily I made some work from todays readings yesterday so I'm still in "schedule"... And I made the doctor laugh, I helped Kaisa when she was going to get X-rayed:
"Well, this is the first time I'm opening someone else's bra..."
"Interesting..." (Also the nurse couldn't help it but bursted into a laugh.)

Some random thing:
"What's your name?"
"Taina."
"How do you say that?"
"Taina."
"Like vagina?"
"Not quite, though I have one..."

I've been trying to get a ticket to Saturdays game, and I might have one finally... And tomorrow I'll go and carve some pumpkins, eat pizza and pumpkin pie, watch bonfire and go to a haunted house! And on Saturday I might go to the game and on Sunday I'll go and see some soccer (Meikes team is having the last game in here). So enough to do for the weekend, I still need to find some time to read... I'll have two exams next week!

And I finally found some time to do my laundry! Now I just need to wait for my towel so that I can go and take a shower...

Weather is beautiful. Sun is shining and the air is fresh and crispy. Reminds me of Finnish Spring. And I'm still smiling because of the letter :) What else? I'm quite tired so this is just brain streaming, I should eat something (been just drinking coffee) and I try to kill time so that I get my laundry ready...

Under two months! That's eight weeks!

Oh yeah, almost forgot! I'm so smart that I even surprise myself! :D Last night Kaisa got some medicine for the nausea and it made her twitch. I told her that it's because the drug effects the dopaminergic neurons, like in Parkinson's disease. I meant what I said but I never thought that it'd be THE reason. And today Kaisa gave me this:

Metoclopramide (INN) (IPA: [m?t??klopr?ma?d, -?kl?-]) is a
potent dopamine receptor antagonist used for its antiemetic
and prokinetic properties. Thus it is primarily used to
treat nausea and vomiting, and to facilitate gastric
emptying in patients with gastric stasis.

So I actually knew it!! I'm so smart!!! To bad that it comes and shows itself only occasionally :D But I really need to get something to eat...

No comments: