Tuesday, October 30, 2007

Halloween

Ok, finally some time to write here again... First about my amazing weekend:
On Friday we went to carve some pumpkins and of course me and Meike decided to take the most difficult one, we need some challenge for the first pumpkin carved ever :D We had only 1,5 hours time and we run a bit out of time so we just had to do some short cuts... But it was beautiful! And quite well done for the first pumpkin ;) After that we went to Loris place to eat some pizza and pumpkin pie (it was warm and one piece was enough... I can't decide if it was good or bad...). And after that we headed to Frightmare Forest in Cedar Rapids! It was so fun, FUN! There was this forest where they had set up some "haunted house" though it was in a forest. And as it was night we went there, it was dark and there was this dimly light path we had to follow. Me and Kaisa squeezed each others hands so tight! (I love the fact that I can put my brains aside and be frightened about stupid things.) The first third part we went first (there could be up to 6 people in one group) and it was the scariest part! It was mostly outside and there were these actors that followed us and kept scary noises (they had masks on and looked like really scary monsters!) and the "haunted house" part there was these corners behind which the actors jumped and screamed. As did we too :D Then we didn't want to be the first ones anymore though it was scary anyway. Quite in the end there was this bump in the ground and behind it there was a person who crawled towards us when we passed the place and started to follow us! And oh my god how we ran! :D Too bad you couldn't take pictures in there... It was so fun!!! And the path was like over half an hour, usually they are something like 15 minutes... There were some really lame things too of course, but you have to have something for everyone. After that we went to a bar and had only one drink :)


The next day I had ticket to the football game and I picked really good day to go there, we won and the game was the most exciting game ever! (Though nothing compared to the NHL game ;) After I got finally home, I just relaxed and in the evening I decided to go out with friends though our bunny ears hadn't arrived (everyone wore costumes because of the Halloween) but I did emergency solution and painted some blood in my lips and neck (and I still have some of the color in my neck, it looks like someone really bit me :P). I drank only one again but it was fun. First we went to a house party but it was boring and they had only beer so we decided to go downtown and there we met some other friends too. I got home in decent time and went to sleep after I had laughed at half naked guy running around the corridors. I woke up when Ashleigh came home and oh my god how drunk she was... Luckily Dezerae went elsewhere to sleep so I could go and sleep in her bed (I was afraid that Ashleigh would vomit all over though she didn't). After about 5 hours of sleep I woke up to read (though without alarm as usual). I was supposed to go and see Meikes soccer game but no-one else went there so I called her and she said it was ok if I didn't go either :) So I read a bit more...

This week I have two exams, so I'm quite busy... Oh and some random things:
We had fire alarm again few weeks ago, someone kept some stuff under the oven... Really smart. And on Monday our endocrinology professor moaned to us that we should be prepared to the exam in time (we had a review session on Friday, the exam is tomorrow) and ask questions on the review session, not after that or worse, a day before exam or even worse, after exam! I was like WTF??? How am I supposed to have time to read all the things that early?? The weekend was only coming and that's when I really have time to read... And I can't always realize everything that early and if you go and ask questions after exam, doesn't that just say that you're really interested?? So weird..
And today Kaisa said: "Taina knows everything, the thing she doesn't know, you don't need to know" :D And that was because I knew what to do with banana flies :D

Tomorrow is Halloween officially. I don't know yet what we're going to do, though I have exam until like 6 pm and I have exam on Thursday too... But we need to wear our bunny ears!

And Oh I haven't written anything about our prank!
I heard I think in the middle of last week at night some laughter and running on the corridor but was too tired to get up. On the morning someone knocked on our door but I had only just woke up so I didn't open the door. As people were walking past our door I heard giggling. I was like oh my god what's wrong there?? (I suspected something in the night too...) I thought that I need to finish my morning coffee before I dare to open the door. So when I finally opened it, there was this huge pile of Daily Iowans that just flooded in :D I was laughing so hard that Ashleigh woke up. We've had before like 3-5 Daily Iowans (we have this white board that says No Daily Iowans, please, and someone wipes the No off and puts random number in it and correct number of Daily Iowans). And on our board, it said 169 Daily Iowans, please :D It was so funny :D

So, something has finally happened :D Though my days still include mostly studying. I've started to miss Tarmo really much. And I mean really much! And I'm ready to go back Finland too, though not that badly as I know that it's so dark in there in this time of year and in here it's like Spring :D I miss our daily routines and I'm starting to be ready to write my Thesis. And for some reason I've planned what kind of courses I could keep and what kind of teacher I'd be :D Not really but only a bit ;) But enough about missing, I don't want to think about it, it makes me only sad.
I should take a shower but I think I'll do that in the morning, I'm too lazy now...

No comments: