Tuesday, October 2, 2007

Tornado (real one and me)

OK, I hate this! I want to go back Finland where there is a proper internet connection that is working right! AGAIN! They fucking disconnected me AGAIN!!! Now they accuse me for copyright violation! AGAIN I USE ONLY IRC, SKYPE, MESSENGER AND FIREFOX AND I DO NOT DOWNLOAD ANYTHING!
So now I need to call to some person to talk about my "violation" and they do not take appointments on the same day so I don't get my internet working this week because I'm leaving for Chicago on Friday. For fuck sake! This really pisses me off. Luckily I talked with my mom yesterday. But now I won't hear Tarmos voice until next week...
This is not my day, I'm so tired and pissed off!

I didn't sleep well thanks to someone so I was really tired and I needed to get up early so that I could finish my readings. And Tuesdays are always long days and there was this tornado warning so I couldn't get home. But I'll start from yesterday.

I decided to go to CoralRidge to get some post cards and because of that I needed to read late. I'll have my exam on tomorrow night from 8 to 9 pm. Then I need to start reading for my endocrinology and then I have two weeks time to catch up everything and then it starts all over again. And I asked my professor in Finland about my courses for the next Spring. There's this one course I can't do but we'll figure out what I do with it when I get back in Finland. And I'm still trying to think what to do about the "job course". Maybe I'll figure that out too when I get back. I just need to finish my Masters Thesis and after that I'll think what I want to do. The course would be useful but at the same time I want to graduate asap. I'll see.

And as I already mentioned, I talked with my mom yesterday. And I asked if she was ok because of the dream I had last week. She bursted in tears and sobbed that she's ok, just stressed out because of the water damage and because she misses me. I also asked about my birth (since I've been inspired lately because of this Developmental course) and she told that I was born on week 30. 30! I always knew I was born early, but THAT early... (Her placenta was falling apart.) I wonder if that affects on anything...

And I had a good laugh yesterday because of my self. I was writing a card for my niece and I was thinking in English while writing in Finnish, the I thought that oh no, now I wrote it in Finnish, then I thought no, wait a minute, that's what I was supposed to do :D I'm so funny.

I was reading some Finnish web pages today before my late discussion for two hours and when I finally left to my class, I was really confused and it felt unreal, because I felt that I was in Finland but then again I was walking in Iowa. And it was raining really heavily today and my shoes didn't even get wet! Or they did but my socks didn't! Good shoes!

And I've been feeling a bit down. (Now even more thanks to the internet thing. Well, actually, I'm just pissed off because of that.) But this is weird. When I was single (few years ago when my last relationship ended) I felt down but now this feels better because I'm not alone. I know there is someone else who is missing me also, I'm in someones heart. So my heart is not broken, it just misses someone badly. I'm not alone with my feelings and it makes me feel better.
As I have already mentioned, we're going to Chicago next weekend. But somehow I'm not as excited as I would like to be :( I do want to go and I know it'll be fun. I just need to get the tomorrows exam off me and maybe then I can think something else too...

Weather has been gray and we had a big thunderstorm, Fall is coming. And today when our discussion started at 7 pm, there was sirens and people looked a bit worried. It was a tornado warning. We decided to continue and go to the basement if there is another alarm. On the same time the TA checked where the tornado is going (he said it was in Kalona). At 7.30 pm we got another alarm and we hurried up our questions and finished the class. There was people waiting downstairs and the wind was quite harsh. I could see the lightning but there was no sound. And the lightnings were small and continuous and at the same place for long time. It didn't rain anymore and finally the bus driver opened the bus at 8 pm but we had to wait some other bus so I was heading back home at 8.30 pm. It was quite exciting but what makes me wonder, is that people in here didn't know what to do. it was weird.

So then I got home, found out the not so nice surprise and here I am, at out ITC lab. I just needed to come and write these things down because I don't have the time to do that tomorrow, I need to pack and do some reading on Thursday and on Friday we'll leave as soon as our classes are over.

So I survived from the tornado :D and I'm pissed off again. In a week I've been here for two months, half a way already. And I'm missing my love. But still not homesick, I just miss our Finnish systems... As I said to Kaisa, I do not miss places, I miss people. And I miss them a lot now.

No comments: