Thursday, August 23, 2007

:)

I got my cable today! But it's not a red one :( They were too long and cost too many dollars because I need only short one. And now I have time to write about some things that I've been wondering. Flowers. I don't know if I already told this but there is no flowers. In Finland if we have even a tiny piece of grass, we plant flowers there. Here it's only the lawns. I've seen only few flowers here. And the other thing is that there are parents everywhere. They help their children to move in (I don't wonder that) but they also are involved in the registration, check in and even academic advising! I heard that they often hang around for couple of days to see where their kids go. So funny. But I understand that, education in here IS expensive. I'm so glad that I chose to come here via ISEP. It's so cheap! Well not cheap but compared to others it's cheap. Others pay admissions, insurance, classes, housing and food or some of that. We had to pay 2500 € and that covers almost all of them. Of course there was the TOEFL test and insurance but even still.

And then they have P.A.U.L.A. which means Possession of Alcohol Under Legal Age (21). If you have a glass of beer in your arm reach you get fined and the fine is over $300! And they really do that! And if you drive and have taken alcohol, it's over $1000. But that's good. And the police in here is really effective, you might get fined while crossing the street wrong time. But that makes this city safe. The police doesn't have anything to do so they fine you for every wrong move! :D Not really.

I also got two books today, both cost about $100! And it's been raining all day. We had two thunderstorms yesterday and one today too. And our neighbors haven't moved in yet so I think they're Americans. I don't have new pics because I need to format my computer so I'm still keeping all my pics in the camera. So I posted my home. :)

No comments: