Friday, August 24, 2007

Everyday Life

Oh now my things in here are in order. I got a bank account today and deposited my checks there so that I can use that money! I also have all my courses registered now and this is how it looks like:
  • Endocrinology 2:30-3:20 Mondays, Wednesdays and Fridays
  • Introduction to Developmental Biology 2:30-3:45 pm Tuesdays and Thursdays plus discussions 4:30-5:20 pm Mondays
  • Fundamental Neurobiology 1:05-2:20 pm Tuesdays and Thursdays plus discussions 7:10-9:10 Tuesdays
  • Graduate Immunology 8:30-10:00 am Tuesdays and Thursdays
I also did some laundry today and cooked! Last evening we were invited to play cards to the other side of Mayflower where all the other international students are. And there was a thunderstorm again and it was awesome! The lightning was so intensive and it was purple and they went across the sky. Beautiful!

And about fat people. I haven't seen so many fat people around Iowa City (expect on women who couldn't walk without support, that was just awful) but at the Fair I saw many fat people. Recycling is just nothing compared to Finland, though they recycle their plastic bags. They use enormous amount of water at the toilets and everything is "germ free". Music is just the same as in Finland and I still haven't found a groceries near me that sell fresh food. What else? I had a nap today and my back is hurting. Luckily the gym in Mayflower will open on Wednesday. I just need to rest this weekend so that my back settles down again.

I would post some pics but there seems to be kind of problem with our network, it doesn't upload any pics and it's just so slow. Next time.

ps. edited: I finally added pic ^^

No comments: