Sunday, August 26, 2007

Missing My Babe

I had such a fun night last night :) But unfortunately I can't (still!) post any pics because they just won't upload. :(

But anyway, yesterday morning we went to the Farmers Market to get some fresh food. And we also found this organic food place and I bought some fruits there. Then we got back home and Meike reminded me that the church had a give way day and so I headed back to downtown, almost missed the transportation there but thanks to Paola and Meike we (Kaisa and I) got a ride there. I found night table and small shelf plus some kitchen items. Then I got back home again, waited for the items to arrive and headed to City Park for FIS (Friends of International Students) picnic. We ate a lot and had a good time. When it ended I once again headed back home to change my clothes because we went to see this free movie at Old Capitol. After that we headed to Brothers, were there until 1:30 am and after that we went to Nathaniels place and had some vodka. I was back home at 5 am and talked with Tarmo for a while and finally got some sleep. Though I slept only like three hours because it was getting so light that I just couldn't sleep anymore.
And I've just been listening to Tori Amos and chatted with friends. In a couple of hours we're going to IMU to get some free lunch and maybe after that see another free movie.

But I had such a good time last night. We had some deep discussions with Nathaniel and he also offered me to stay the night at their couch but I wanted to come home because I knew my love would be already wake and I really missed him. So Nathaniel walked me home because it was night and little girls aren't supposed to walk alone at night time :D But yesterday was the first day I missed Tarmo really badly. I do miss him all the time but last night was just overwhelming. I know that alcohol had something to do with that :P And I've just been listening Tori Amos with my Kisu (Kittie) and my head aches a bit because of the vodka (Russian one!) and because I didn't sleep enough, I think I'm still a bit drunken :>

Americans are so funny. Yesterday we were wondering how to get to the super WalMart and this church lady said that she could take us there some time and she actually gave us a call today and asked if we would like to go shopping :D And yesterday I would've had a car taking me home but I preferred walking because it sobers me up. And then Nathaniel walked me home. I can't understand why they are so friendly. :D Not that I don't appreciate that! I do! But for a Finn friendly people are just fantasy. And yet again I always fear that people get the wrong impression of me because being a European woman in America seems to make me interesting and I love chatting with people. And all the other exchange students are so nice too! I just need to always first make clear to them (well, to all the guys) that I'm engaged and I'm not planning to have any kind of messing around in here because I love him so much and I'm only one mans girl. (There is actually one guy that is engaged !! but says that she doesn't need to know, want to mess around with me? I don't care if you have a boyfriend. And that's just awful! So that makes me a bit cautious.) But it's kind of complicated. Because I try to be friendly to all and you really can't just say "Hi I'm Taina and I'm engaged, how are you?". You have to chat first for a while and I always try to bring up this thing in a subtle way because I don't want to be rude. Oh this is so difficult to explain what I mean. I can't explain it even in Finnish either but I hope you get the idea what I'm talking about. But I'll drop this thing now before it gets too long. I just needed to get this off my chest :)

Oh yeah, and I met at the picnic this guy who loves HIM and he had a HIM shirt! That was cool! And he said that people from Finland always speak perfectly English :D I also met my other "roomies" on the other side of kitchen and bathroom. They were really nice.

And I have this huge pimple on the side of my nose and it hurts so much and I hate it!

ps. edited: I added pics finally in here too ^^

No comments: