Tuesday, August 14, 2007

Spilled Shampoo

So I got my computer in order thanks to Tarmo :)

There are so many things I’ve wanted to write, so here it comes.

Here they refill your glass for free! It’s so nice because it’s hot and one glass of lemonade (which I love) isn’t enough. So, when they ask want it refilled, say yes! And all the workers, no matter where, are really friendly (expect the bus driver, he/she never says anything). Sorry my love, it’s nothing darling… So sweet! When I was sitting at the airport and the cleaning lady hit my bag accidentally, she said “Oh I’m so sorry my dear”. Who could ever be mad at them when they are so sweet :) Not that I had been mad anyway. And in Chicago in toilets they have this sanitary pad on the toilet eat which changes every time when someone comes in the toilet, so handy! And you didn’t need to flush the toilet, you just waived your hand and it flushed. So hygienic!

And the mall we went with Kaisa was Coral Ridge Mall. There we were at Target and our hands were already full of stuff, so we went to get a basket. Kaisa loaded her things on my things in my hands (because I had more stuff) and her shampoo (or conditioner) fell of, its cap fell too and the floor was full of shampoo! Well there wasn’t that much of it but anyway. There was this man who came immediately to help us, he got the bottle, gave it to me and went to get paper to wipe the shampoo off the floor. He was so friendly! I could never imagine something like that to happen in Finland. We also took pics at Target of the shampoo bottles, they’re like 1l!!! Huge! And their packing system is quite handy too. When you go to pay your stuff, they pack them right away in bags that hang on the wall, so you just need to take the already packed bag.

And on Sunday we went to see where Mayflower and Slater Halls are and walked by the river. It was really hot and I got some tan too! And didn’t even burn (thanks to the 30spf sunblock).

We went to the Mall again yesterday and we went to Victorias Secret! I just love that shop! I bought panties and bra from there and they weren’t really expensive. The panties were 5 for $25, same as in any other shop and the bra was -40%. I’m definitely going to buy some nightshirts there before Tarmo comes ;) I also got new mobile phone number, I bought this prepaid thing. It’s much cheaper than circle all my messages and calls from Finland. And it was easy to get it too. And on our way back I saw this green colored ground and I was wondering why on earth do they color it? Do they think it looks like a lawn? Then I saw this worker who was spraying this colored thing on the earth and pointed that to Kaisa and Paola and we laughed about it, and then this lady behind me told that it’s not really just color, it will grow grass soon. So not that hilarious after all.

And last night we had this salon night with Paola, we did our nails, ate ice cream and chips. And watched TV of course.

Today our orientation will begin. We’ll check in at 1pm and after that we’ll go and eat at Buffalo Wings (again). I should buy some Iowa shirts too (there’s this discount, buy one get two or buy one, get three), they’re really popular in here. And I thought that I’d buy some sweater from there too because they’re comfortable and warm (not that I’d need one now). By the way, we still haven't managed to find any food store around here...

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Voi, nyt vasta huomasin että täällähän voi kirjoittaa kommenttejakin. Kuulostaa ihanalta seikkailusi alku! :)